Connect with us

News

Senate committee approves N30k as new minimum wage

Published

on

Nigeria News

The Senate Committee on New National Minimum wage has just approved a new minimum wage for the country.

The Committee which is chaired by the Deputy Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Francis Alimikhena, All Progressives Congress, APC, Edo North, met yesterday at Senate Room 431 New Building has concurred with the members of the House of Representatives that had earlier recommended a wage of N30,000 that was later adopted by the lower chamber.

According to Senator Shehu Sani, in a recent Tweet, the senate Committee on New National Minimum wage met yesterday and approved the new national minimum wage bill;30k as minimum wage and 75k as penalty for non compliance. He wrote;

The Senate Committee on New National Minimum wage met yesterday and approved the new national minimum wage bill;30k as minimum wage and 75k as penalty for non compliance.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Brazil

Instagram model suffers face swell after plastic surgery

Published

on

Nigeria News

Popular Instagram model, Liziane Gutierrez, has suffered a swollen face after another botched surgery in Brazil.

Liziane Gutierrez has suffered another nightmare beauty procedure that could require major surgery to get it right.

The model told TMZ, that she went for botox and fillers for her face and lips last Tuesday in Brazil, but by Sunday night, her face started feeling numb. When she woke up, her face blew up, the pain was so intense, she thought her face was going to explode.

Instagram model suffers face swell after plastic surgery lailasnews 1

This comes months after she cheated death from a horrible surgery which almost killed her.

Back in May 2018, she was placed in a coma by doctors in Istanbul, Turkey, after suffering a severe reaction to anaesthesia while undergoing cosmetic surgery.

Continue Reading

Latest

Dogara Alleges Plot to Implicate Him in Criminal Conspiracy

Published

on

Dogara Alleges Plot to Implicate Him in Criminal Conspiracy

By Shola Oyeyipo in Abuja

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Yakubu Dogara, has raised an alarm over alleged plot by the Bauchi State government to implicate him in criminal conspiracy.

The Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs to Dogara, Mr. Turaki Hassan, in a statement Wednesday, said the Inspector General of Police (IG) Mohammed Adamu and other security agencies have been put on notice in this regard.

In another statement on Thursday, Speaker Dogara said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is working in concert with Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar to rob Bauchi people of their mandate by deliberately delaying the collation of Tafawa Balewa votes.

He said the Bauchi Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Ibrahim Abdullahi, in anticipation of an ex-parte order which was obeyed even before it was enrolled and served on INEC National Chairman in Abuja, the Bauchi REC hastily said he will obey the order that was not served on him.

In a letter dated Thursday, March 21, 2019 and addressed to the IG and copied to the Director-General, Department of State Services (DSS), the Speaker said he was in receipt of credible information of an ongoing plot to plant false evidence in form of branded motorbikes and cars bearing the logo of his party (PDP) and his pictures, which will be used to commit crimes and implicate him in criminal activities.

He said: “I write to inform the Inspector General of Police that I am in receipt of credible intelligence about an ongoing plot by Bauchi State government to implicate me in a criminal conspiracy.

“The Bauchi State government has procured hundreds of motorbikes and cars which are being branded in the Government House, Bauchi with my pictures and logo of my party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and my name inscribed.

“The plan is that the Bauchi State government will engage some criminal elements and give them the branded motorbikes and cars which they will use to commit crime and thereafter abandon them at the scene so as to implicate me.

“I am, by this letter, putting the police and other security agencies on notice so as to be on the watchout for these criminal elements intended to be deployed by Bauchi State Government.”

He provided the pictures of the branded stickers to the police authority to drive home his arguement.

Also, noting that some forces stalled the collation of Tafawa Balewa votes to allow Governor Abubakar to fraudulently raise enough votes to cover the margin between him and Senator Bala Mohammed, Dogara said: “If he succeeds in this on Saturday; God forbid, then by Monday the world will be told that the ex-parte order granted by the Federal High Court, Abuja has been vacated to enable collation of Tafawa Balewa votes, which will pave the way for Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar to be declared winner with whatever margin he makes from the supplementary elections. If on the other hand, Gov Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar is unable to exceed the margin of lead from the votes he may fraudulently allocate to himself from the supplementary elections then Tafawa Balewa votes will be hotly contested so that he can have another opportunity of rigging his way back to power having been overwhelmingly rejected by the people of Bauchi State.

“So, Bauchi people and indeed the world should know that the chief facilitator of this evil plot is no other person than the Bauchi REC, Ibrahim Abdullahi in collaboration with rogue elements within the security services.

“We also have it on good authority that security personnel have been deployed in all the affected polling units with the specific instruction to rig the election for Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar even, if people will be killed.

“The world must also know that Bauchi election is already won and lost. The winner is Senator Bala A. Mohammed (Kauran Bauchi) while the loser is Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar.”

Continue Reading

Latest

Army Chief Lauds Troops for Repelling Boko Haram Insurgents

Published

on

Again, Army Redeploys Generals - THISDAYLIVE
Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai

The Chief of Army Staff (CAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has commended troops of Operayion Lafiya Dole for displaying great valour in repelling Boko Haram insurgents’ attack on Michika, Adamawa State.

Buratai made the commendation during an operational visit to troops of 155 and 143 Task Force Battallion at Michika and Lassa.

Buratai, who was represented by Brig.-Gen. Bulama Biu, the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sector I, Operation Lafiya Dole, said the troops successfully repelled attempts by the insurgents to attack the community.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reported that the insurgents on March 18, attacked the only commercial bank building in the town and looted shops.

He said that the troops displayed high sense of patriotism and gallantry in the defeat of the insurgents and prevented thier robbery mission.

“I am proud of you, The COAS is proud of you for your doggedness and commitment. We must also understand that this pure resilience, dogedness and focus must be upscale.

“We must be prepared to always put up strong offensive so that they don’t have any hiding place. The end of insurgents cannot come on its own, we must be all out and remain focused.

“We have upscale our operations in all the Theatre and it is yielding many result. We have nutrialised dozens of the terrorist and recovered many weapons in Northern Borno. Their is no hiding place for the terorists.

“No longer remaining in defence position. How can you be in defence when the insurgents can by pass you. You must therefore locate them at all level and nutrialise them.

“We must always work together as formidable team and move aggressively to cut off their supply chain, when we do that we will defeat them,” he said.

The GOC therefore urged commanders of the battalion to give purposeful leadership in order to achieve the desired goal of defeating Boko Haram.

The GOC who was accompanied by Brig.-Gen. Muhammed Abubakar, Commander 25 Brigade of the Army, and other principal staff officers of the the Division, visited the bank were the incident happened.

Abubakar, who provided more details of the incident, briefed the GOC that the insurgents stormed the town around 7:20 pm but met their Waterloo by the combined efforts of troops who swiftly responded to distress calls.

“Consequently, the gallant troops, with reinforcement from 143 Battalion Gulak, engaged the terrorists on Two Front Coordinated Attacks. The insurgents were completely routed by the troops, neutralising many of them while others fled in disarray due to superior firepower,”.he said.

The Brigade Commander added that the insurgents targeted the vault and the ATM machine but were not able to access into them.

He added that four members of staff of the bank, who have access code to the vault, were also targeted in their homes by the insurgents.

“We stationed our men throughout the night to make ensure the bank is secured and handed over to the Branch Manager,” he said.(NAN)

Continue Reading

Trending

error: Content is protected !!